Saturday, September 16, 2006

You Can Run But You Can't Hide

Why do we spend so much time trying to hide from a God that knows all and sees all?
We go about our lives all trying to be like chameleons blending in. Afraid to be a contrast or a light in a dark world. Yes, even us Christians. Even Gods chosen. Look at the book of Exodus.
Exo 20:18 Now when all the people saw the thunder and the flashes of lightning and the sound of the trumpet and the mountain smoking, the people were afraid and trembled, and they stood far off
Exo 20:19 and said to Moses, "You speak to us, and we will listen; but do not let God speak to us, lest we die."
Exo 20:20 Moses said to the people, "Do not fear, for God has come to test you, that the fear of him may be before you, that you may not sin."

Exo 20:21 The people stood far off, while Moses drew near to the thick darkness where God was.

They were afraid of God because they were aware of their lack of righteousness before God. They were afraid of failing the "test".
So, we do today. It is easier to hide in the bushes than to "fess up". Or so we think.

Pro 28:13 Whoever conceals his transgressions will not prosper, but he who confesses and forsakes them will obtain mercy.

Num 32:23 But if you will not do so, behold, you have sinned against the LORD, and be sure your sin will find you out.


It does no good to hide from God. Confess and we shall have mercy. I don't know about you but I need mercy!

MERCY DROPS ROUND US ARE FALLING,
BUT FOR THE SHOWERS WE PLEAD!!

7 comments:

Even So... said...

Good stuff...

Anonymous said...

Hi, Dan...JD told me about your blog. It is great to know you have stepped out and shared what is on your heart. I know about trying to hide from God, especially when I know I need to confess and forgive so that I can also be forgiven. The mercy of God when I don't deserve it, is a most wonderful thing. As JD has said, God gives us a chance to confess and repent in private and if we don't....we will be exposed in public... I think that's the way it goes? Anyway, I will be keeping up with your blog and asking the Lord's blessing on you and your sweet family.

Anonymous said...

So why do we "try" to hide? For me, personally, I believe it's because then the wound is "hidden" (denial), and I don't have to deal with it. But, as J.D. says, in order for the wound to heal, it has to be exposed.
We all need mercy.
And God gives us grace to go through. It's are responsibility to trust Him, and let the healing begin. Yes, we can run from God, and choose to try to hide, but what we,(I)are really doing is doubting and not trusting God that He is bigger than any issue. He does hear all, see all, and know all.

Dan said...

Hi JD's mom! So glad to hear from you and thank you for your comment. I hope to post about once a week or so. So please come back and feel free to comment at any time.

Cindy, Everybodies reason for hiding will be a little different due to our circumstances and yet the root is always the same. If you read the faith post you will see that I agree with your statement of doubting and not trusting God to be bigger than any issue.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Dan.....waiting for your next post. Love and prayers. JD's Mom

Even So... said...

Hey, mom, Dan "ran and hid" away on vacation, till Monday. Don't worry, I am gonna beat out of him, er I mean cajole, er I mean admonish (yeah, that's the ticket) him to put up a new one soon...

One Sheep's Voice said...

The “chameleon” syndrome, in my opinion can be brought into the light by a practiced habit. Confession and seeking forgiveness. Though that’s seems easier than it is. A) Confession, must precede forgiveness, 1st Chronicles 21:8 David said to God, “I have sinned greatly, in that I have done this thing. But now, please take away the iniquity of your servant, for I have done very foolishly”. B) Forgiveness, II Chronicles 7:14 and My people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin and will heal their land. C) Confessing our sins to one another. James 5:16 Therefore, confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another so that you may be healed. The effective pray of a righteous man can accomplish much. (Posting concerning myself of course)